Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Oh dear - today I have had a very kind email telling me that I scoop and that I need to meet privately with one of the bass leaders to learn how to stop scooping.  My whole body fell at this news.  There are so many things that I am working on  and now I must add scooping to that list.  I suppose if I worked at an ice cream store, this would be a good thing.  But, it is death in the sweet adeline world - nothing worse than a scooper and here I am.  Madam Scooperkiki.

So I have just showered and put on my clothes and I feel unattractive, fat and scooperish (a new adjective for the feeling I have that is weighing me down).  I wish someone would have told me this at the Bass sectional a month ago.   Well there is nothing to it but to put on my big girl boots and wage a war on scooping.  I worked on it today after receiving the email.  I think I know how to stop it, but I am sad that I am the scooper.  For weeks now they have been talking about bass scoopers (apparently there are a few of us) and I had no idea it was me.  Well, I must stop scooping and sing beautifully and move in character and the list goes on.  Hawaii HERE WE COME!

3 comments:

  1. What's scooping?
    (This is Kim, I can't seem to comment as anything but anonymous)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scooping is when you don't hit the note right in the middle of the tone - it keeps the chorus sound accurate and it is called ringing when you get the four tones lined up properly. I found the places I was doing it and I fixed it so it wasn't too bad.

      Delete