Thursday, September 19, 2013

Today is the first tennis match!!! It is 7:00am and Nicholas has on his tennis whites.  He looks fabulous.  I will take some photos today and hopefully get some action shots.

I had a bad day with food yesterday.  It wasn't that I ate anything considered unhealthy, but I was hungry all day and so I kept having the small meals every two hours to try and stabilize that feeling.  At the end of the day, I had had 7 small meals instead of 5.  I am not going to beat myself up about it because it was a better healthier day as I did the couch to 5K for 20 minutes, walked an extra 40 minutes, spent the evening on the risers singing and all in all, had a very healthy day.  So GAME ON is a tricky assessment of points and I get 85 points for good behavior and have to subtract 40 points for bad behavior.  This is out of 100 points.  I suppose most people would think this is ridiculous but what is happening is that I am being accountable for what is going in and that is a good thing.  So far today I walked for an hour and a half on the most beautiful path owned by the Navy that walks along the Bay - really gorgeous and there aren't that many people who use it.  I met Mary Anne there and we walked and talked about health and fitness and life in general.  It was a positive way to start the day.

I am so blessed to have so many fabulous people in my life.  People who care about and love me.  What more could I ask.  It is a GOOD day.

Oh I forgot to add - the war on scooping worked and I was told I was great last night - whew!!!!  That hurdle is now over.  I realized that I was only doing it on the Y words and with just a little attention, I fixed it.  Yay!!  Last night, I was given a special part to do in our package and that is going to be fun - I get to join the front row's kick line - YAY!!!  Of course, there is a major disappointment for me in the chorus and I guess I should just get it out there so that I can let it go.  I am an actress.  I have worked professionally onstage, television, film and radio.  I have been paid to perform - doing commercials, voiceovers and I had a wonderful time in England working for the BBC reading short stories and doing various parts in the afternoon plays for Radio.  I am trained (an MFA in Acting).  I have so much knowledge and expertise that many don't know about because I am very good at playing the buffoon and I am useless at blowing my own trumpet.   I'm a little shocked in what I have just written, but I know that if I don't get this off my chest, it will hurt more than it already does.  Soooooooo...... we are going to the International competition in Honolulu, Hawaii and there is going to be some spoken monologues between the songs in our Broadway package should we be wonderful enough to make the top 10.  (If you make top 10, you perform again and this time you get to do 20 minutes of singing).  Well to cut a long story shorter because I can't give away what we are doing, I have gotten the word that only half of the chorus can audition for the speaking parts and I am in the half that cannot audition.  I am so sad about this.  This is what I do really well.  It is such a bummer.  I was bold enough to ask if I could switch with someone, but I can't.  Sooooooo. . . . it is what it is.  I suppose I will not have the added pressure in Honolulu, but I sure would have enjoyed that moment.

C'est le vie.


No comments:

Post a Comment